March 06, 2014

Stuffed Peppers


 I don't think I am good cook. 
I make meals my family enjoys, but don't try to experiment too much. 
We participate in Bountiful Baskets, it's awesome! 
(It's a food co-op type thing)
Anywho, 
this past week we got a ton of these sweet peppers. 
Which is just what I wanted. 
These are like candy. 
Quinn (my sweet hubby) has been bugging me for the past few weeks to 
make stuffed pepper poppers that my mom makes. 
(Who by the by is an amazing cook)
So there isn't really a recipe, so much. 
But start by cuttin' and guttin' the little peppers.
Peppers 002
I mixed together cream cheese, bacon, some spinach, Colby jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, 
salt and pepper, and garlic powder. 

I shoved as much of the mix as possible in each of the little peppers, 
and rolled them in panko crumbs.
(The best breadcrumbs ever!!) 

Peppers 006

Next bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. 
I put them under the broiler for 2 minutes just to toast the breadcrumbs.
Yummy!!

Peppers 004

 Seriously, these are yummy. 
Unfortunately, not a low calorie food.
But that's why we work out right?
So we can have special treats!
I think I ate about 10. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...