March 03, 2014

Thankful Tuesdays

I have decided to do a project for myself and for my photography. 
I'm starting a "Thankful Tuesday" weekly post. 
Here's my first one. 
I am thankful for.....

Tortilla chips

tortilla chips 001
 I love tortilla chips, 
especially freshly made. 
(But seriously who doesn't?)

Growing up in San Diego County, my family lived off Mexican food, 
especially chips and salsa and/or guacamole.
Seriously, that was a meal. 
My brothers and sisters (6 of us!) we would eat our way through a Costco size tub of salsa in about 
a week. Maybe faster....
Luckily, we had multiple large avocado trees in the yard, 
that helped supply our families need. 
It wasn't until I moved away from home and had to start buying 
avocados did I realize how expensive and how small the avocados 
are in the store.  
I miss those trees. 
Seriously, our avocados were at least the size of my hand!

tortilla chips 005

My hubby thinks I'm weird that I eat almost every meal with tortilla chips. 
Or at least try. 


What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...