March 27, 2011

Pentel Pastel Fabric Dye Sticks

So I got these cool fabric dye pastels from CSN stores. 
Look at the pretty colors!!
Anyway,
I ordered these Monday, and got them on Tuesday.
Seriously! That is some FAST shipping.
Which is awesome!
Especially since, I don't live in a huge city, actually I live in a little tiny 
'blink and you miss it' kind of town.
So I started to have some fun with these pastels.  
I know my designs are magical
I was trying to blend them, 
like pastels usually do, 
these pastels, don't really blend well with your finger... 
But the colors are bight and fun.  
All the instructions say to do,
is color your designs, 
put paper over them and iron. 
So I did.  
Here's what they look like after.  
Just the same.... 
No blending of any sort. 

But check this out. 
When I took another scrap of white cotton and rubbed it over the design,
Color came off. 
Hummmm.....
I washed them, and rubbed some more white cotton over the design.
The same thing happened. 

Just to be clear, I wasn't scrubbing this super vigorously. 
But just lightly running my hand across the design, 
I didn't get any dye on my hands.
I think I would probably use these for:
Wall hangings,
small craft projects where I could but a sealer over the colors,
and
home decor projects that aren't touched a lot. 
That being said, I really do the love the colors, 
but the baby rompers, 
I had planned to use these on 
will have to wait for something else.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...