March 12, 2010

What can you make...?

What can you make with random kitchen trash? Well this is what I can make and how I make it!
I take of the wrapping using a seam ripper because I want the approximate size of the cylinder. Because I wanted them completely covered I had to add about 1/2" to the top and I added about an 1" to the length of the paper because I wanted some overlapping to happen. So when I glued the paper to the cylinder it would be nice and secure.
After:
Using some scrap ribbon and some scrapbook paper this is what I came up with. I am going to put them high up on my pot shelf so I didn't bother cutting the top of the Clorox wipe container. I plan on putting some flowers or something tall in them to add some height on the shelf. Picture still to come!


2 comments:

lulu said...

great idea - what kind of glue do you use?

Ashley from the Canyon said...

I actually totally cheated and used tape!!! I know, a horrible person. Well I guess I didn't just use tape, but a little hot glue and those little sticky squares. I can't think of what they are called...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...