March 11, 2010

Ooh, the big collar

I am not sure if I am a huge fan of big collars. They remind me of my childhood, dressing in matching jumpsuits....

I got this dark red crushed velvet dress from a friend for my daughter and well I have never let her wear it. As soon as I got it I knew I would tear it apart and make something else better.
Nice collar I know.
Before:
The complete package... oh the red velvet.
After:

I got the lace from around the collar and from another way too big collared dress. I love how it turned out. I just used the bottom half of the dress. I still have to decide what to do about the rest of the dress, but I think that might sit in my scrap pill for a loooooonnnnggg time. I might have to wait until it comes back into style... if it ever does.
I forgot to turn this picture, but you get it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...