October 11, 2010

I got the itch

 As I am sure many of you have felt the change in the weather.
Even in the desert the weather is turning beautiful! 
But even if it is still 75 outside, 
I have started to get my yarn out. 
Yes the itch to crochet! 
This project started with just the blue ring,
which was first just a bracelet. 
Many of you might know, 
my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant again, 
for over a year.
So "baby" has been on my mind! 
 So I thought if I can crochet one ring, how about a whole bunch of rings!!
(by a whole bunch, I mean 3)
 But I thought I would share my little pattern that I made for this,
crochet chain.
You could totally do this on a smaller scale 
and make an awesome loopy necklace, or even bracelet!

PATTERN:
This pattern is done in an amiguriumi style.
With continued rounds. 
(I haven't written a pattern in a while 
so if this makes no sense, just email me!)
Crochet hook size F 
Chain 30
Connect with Slip Stitch 
Double check there is no turning
R1-3: Single Stitch in every stitch.
R4: Back loops only
R5-6: Stitch in every stitch
Turn bottom inside.
Match stitches
R7: Work around with slip stitch 
Weave in ends. 
ALL DONE!

To add more and more links to the chain, 
string on the finished loop to the foundation chain. 

This pattern can be used to make a bracelet if that's what you want! 

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I just ordered some yarn today online. There is something about cooler weather that does make me want to knit (sorry I don't know how to crochet). I think that knitting and crocheting season should officially be between October and April.

said...

I LOVE this! It is a perfect baby shower gift.. I'm actually going to make one for my nephew for Christmas though ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love it! Diva's idea for a shower gift is great. Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

Beth said...

Nice! So many uses for such a chain!!

Let me invite you to my blog to participate in my little party called Fibers on Friday; a linky party for knitters and crocheters! We'd love to have you join us!

http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

~Beth

jet said...

aaaw this is sweet and cute for a little one.
i have made for my self by knitting itubes a chain necklace;-D
but this is fun too for playing or decor in home;-D
thank you for sharing ;-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...