June 10, 2010

Finally a Refashion!

I know everyone has pairs of pants like these. My husband refused to give these up, they were his "motorcycle riding pants", "painting pants", "changing the oil in the car pants", you name it. They were fixed about 10 times. But he wouldn't let me throw them out!! Finally they got placed into my craft room never to be seen again! No not really. I hid them in there after washing them in the laundry. 
Sneaky, sneaky I know. 
The back part of the pants were still okay so I grabbed a pair if scissors and had at it! 
This is what I got. Originally this skirt was going to be a layered fun flirty skirt,
 but my daughter is too short.  
This second skirt is just a plain boring jean skirt. 
It was putting me to sleep so I added a little something....

She thought it was fun. 
"It's sparkly, mama!"





Can you see it? This is what I did, I ripped out the zipper from the pants and sewed it on the skirt.
But I added something special. 
A little fabric under the skirt!
 Just to make it that much more fun to zip.

5 comments:

Melissa Jagears said...

Very cute zipper practice!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Love the clothes you make! I hope you'll stop by my weekly blog party called Make It Wear It and link up some of your clothes!

Tami Pleiss said...

Love the refashion. The skirt with the zipper is killer. Great way to keep little fingers busy. Also your daughter is presious. Love the curls.

mommy Orkid Belle said...

It reminds me of my mom when I was a little girl. She was the one that made all of my dresses and I love it. I get to tell her the style that I like.

These are really cute. It really makes me want to have a baby girl. LOL!

Adin B

Adele said...

Wow! I like that! How did you get the fabric underneath the zipper? Zippers scare me, I have yet to make one. Or a button hole. You'd think I'd never sewn before but I always manage to find ways around hvaing to use a zipper or buttonholes haha

- Ellie @ Mammy Made

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...