April 04, 2010

Black, Gray, White, and Yellow....I think not!

I was desperately trying to stick to this color theme for my living room, kitchen area, but my husband brought home from work brown leather couches, for free. What am I supposed to do with that? I have heard that leather is the best upholstery to have with children, but who can afford it? Now I have leather couches that are from an older couple so they are not all that worn out but they are brown! What am I supposed to do? Seriously? Yes. you think upholstery project! I thought that too, but leather? I can't afford to upholster one huge couch and one over sized chair in leather, like they are now. Any ideas? I  refuse to get slip covers sorry. When I have a daughter whose "hobby" is to jump from  couch to couch there is no way slip covers are going to work. Oh did I mention that both the chair and couch recline? Which makes it, I think harder to come up with ideas on how to work with this. grrrrrr.....

2 comments:

Jess said...

Why don't you investigate dyeing them? It would be alot easier than covering them and you would still have leather couches!!!

Zan said...

check out this site they might be a good remake without reupholstering in leather. they have do it yourself dying kits for leather
http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/testimonials.htm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...