March 08, 2012

Chairs

 Ok, Ok.
It's true, I have been neglecting my poor blog. 
There, I admitted it. 
But just so you know, I haven't been sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soap operas. 
(I'm starting to sound like my mother!)
I have been working. Hard. 
chair
 We scored 6 chairs at a thrift store for $20. 
Yep. $20.
Now I just have to take them apart. 
I needed a good project. 
unupholsetered chair
So I have been working hard taking all the staples out. 
Apparently, when these were made (in the 80's) they had to put about a million 
staples to hold things together! 
I am so tired of taking out staples!! 
I was trying to wait until I finished them to show you, but since, we don't have the fabric 
for them yet..... oohhh.... the joys of living in a small town. 
We are going to find fabric in 2 weekends. Hopefully we can find something good! 
(I know that is a loooonngg time, but we have to travel about 1 1/2 hours to Vegas, 
and with gas prices we don't just make that on a whim)
Wish me luck!! 

Another thing that has my almost undivided attention would be:
I am re-reading this to make sure I am all good for the movie. 
I try really hard not to let movies excite me because they are never as good as my imagination. 
But this one is getting to me! 
Are you excited?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...