October 21, 2010

Ribbon Gathered Skirt Tutorial Part 1

 First off am I the only one frustrated with Bloggers new picture uploader thing? 
GA! I really don't like it. 
Ok, on to the tutorial....
Thanks for letting me scream for a second. 

Lets gather some materials shall we?
Top layer of Skirt 12"x 44"
Bottom layer of Skirt 13 1/2"x 44"
Waistband 6 1/2"x 44" 
22" length of 1" elastic
1 yard of coordinating ribbon
That's it now lets get started. 

The top layer of skirt 
(I'll confess this was a scrap in the bottom of my fabric bin.
And I didn't wash it!
I'm sure you notice all the lines from folding...)

STEP 1:
Hem the bottom of the top layer of skirt. 
STEP 2:
Match pattern if necessary, then sew together to make your skirt. 
Sew in an 1 3/4". 
I was shooing for 1 1/2" but I eyeballed it. 
Either one will work.  
STEP 3:
Now open up your skirt and open the seam selvage. 

Turn it under, like pictured above. 
STEP 4:
Sew them down. 
Make sure not to sew the skirt together!!
Here's what the inside looks like. 
Here's what the outside looks like!  
STEP 5:
Now gather up your ribbon and weave it through like so:
Up then down. 
Baste the ribbon down where the pin is. 
The rest of this tutorial will have to wait until tomorrow!!! 
The picture uploader has really made me angry....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so clever!!! unexposed seams and a channel!!! pure genius!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...